"baby mama" does not mean what they thought it means

Marc Velasco marcjvelasco at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 30 14:56:29 UTC 2008

So it seems semantically settled.

But what about construction?

Baby mama is derived from the possessive "baby's mama" no?

Are there similar terms with like construction, where a possessive has
been dropped to create something like a compound word?

Is there a name for this grammatical construction?

Marc