Re: [ADS-L] ADS-L on Language Log

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Mon Aug 11 15:50:56 UTC 2008

Yes, alas. And gone are the days when Engish graduate students assigned their freshman composition classes theme topics like "Decribe (in detail) the process of tying a shoe."

I have heard this (in oral tradition) a couple of times: Supposedly a new 10-speed bicycle was purchased disassembled; the printed instructions commence, "Assmbling bicycle require great peace of mind."

--Charlie