Fwd: [FANYI-L] "Tall test" for university entrance exam

Wed Aug 13 04:17:07 UTC 2008

Evidently the issue in the e-mail below is that "tall" and "test" are
the two characters used as the abbreviation for what appears to be a
national unified regular high (tall) school entrance examination
(test). This is akin to saying that we call a television a TV because
Churchill flashed the V sign in a broadcast during tea time (I just
made that up), or something like that. BB

Begin forwarded message: