shrimp and grits in Italy

Wed Aug 13 20:40:24 UTC 2008

I once had dinner in Venice with a family who were "black natives of North
Carolina" in which one course consisted of tiny tiny prawns on polenta that had
been drizzled with octopus ink. The eight-year-old daughter exclaimed, "Mama,
This is grits and worms!" It looked pretty unappetizing to me, too.

In a message dated 8/13/08 4:34:13 PM, hwgray at GMAIL.COM writes:

> FWIW, I've heard it referred to as "_shtrimp_ & grits" by a former
> roommate who was a "North Carolina river-cricket," i.e. a black native
> of North Carolina.
>
> -Wilson

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget?
Read reviews on AOL Autos.