"war" [wor]

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Thu Aug 14 14:04:04 UTC 2008

Doesn't it?
The headline sounds more tabloid than TV, but the message, particularly
relative to McCain's apparent interest in achieving 'victory' -- whatever
_that_ might be -- in Iraq, is quite clear to me.
dh

Poster:       Charles Doyle <cdoyle at UGA.EDU>
Subject:      "war" [wor]

Last night the folks at MSNBC were discussing McCain's bellicosity regarding
the Russia-Georgia conflict, and the caption on the screen read "War More
Years."  I was baffled for a good many seconds, trying to ascertain wherein
consisted the wit of the expression. Finally I realized that "war" is
supposed to rhyme with (thence substitute for) "four."  Was that the point?

--Charlie