Age and gender confusion at the Olympics

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Aug 16 00:28:30 UTC 2008

Yes, Larry, for the first sentence I quoted, and for the prior
context of the article, which does put one into the *women's*
gymnastic team with several "she"s or "her"s.  But I was mentally
delayed by the *second* sentence, where "He" is the first word -- and
I did not immediately think of  or pronounce the name of God or the
Chinese female gymnast, but rather the more frequent masculine pronoun.

Joel