Age and gender confusion at the Olympics

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Aug 16 02:57:08 UTC 2008

I speculate that as the author was writing he was pronouncing his
sentence as "Hay is also a favorite ...", rather then "Hee was ...",
and so was not aware of possible confusion in his readers.  Another
way for him to avoid confusion might have been to write "Ms. He was
...", or in some other way the move He to within the sentence,

Joel