anise

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Wed Aug 20 20:55:12 UTC 2008

I heard of this supposedly-young Shithead from my wife, who supposedly
heard it from someone who 'knew' the kid. If, of course, there is such
an unfortunately-named individual.
I also remember a doctor, then young and never particularly bright, who
told me of young females being named Female' after the name tags on
their wrists.
I'd never heard of Nosmo King until you mentioned him. I'd feel even
more sorry for his sister, given the sexual identity issues she could
be struggling with what with named Ima, or was it Imtha? (It wouldn't
surprise me in the least if there _were_ such a person... especially
since I've personally known a Candy Barr and a Carol Christmas. And
one Michael Hunt, who _never_ used the short form of his first name.
The bigger joke was that his brother was nicknamed York -- but not to
his face.
dh

Poster:       Charles Doyle <cdoyle at UGA.EDU>
Subject:      Re: anise
---

Accounts of the unfortunate naming of young Shithead abound in (and from)
countless locales (all of them also "absolutely true")--along with the
naming of the twin girls Lemonjello [l@ 'man j@ lo] and Orangejello, and the
lad Nosmo King (from a sign glimpsed in the hospital maternity ward). The
jokes often have a racist component--perhaps an unintended tribute the
greater freedom in African American naming practices.

--Charlie