Unusual (first) names (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wed Aug 27 16:59:44 UTC 2008

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Anyone interested in unusual names should see the list of American
Indian names I posted last year:
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0712A&L=ADS-L&P=R11898
&I=-3&m=72854

I haven't figured out if these terms weren't taboo in Indian culture, if
they were but were given by Indians to people with intent of mocking
them, or if they were transcribed by white people with the intent of
mocking them.