Yanomamo names

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Aug 27 23:56:43 UTC 2008

So my memory was correct?  After all, even if there is "a name taboo
[that] made them reluctant to give real names", false names could
have been given that were not scurrilous?  (The names were not
applied to Chagnon, as I understand it, but rather they were names
invented by the Yanomamo for Yanomamo individuals, to hide their real names.)

At 8/27/2008 07:19 PM, Baker, John wrote:
>         Chagnon himself tells the story in his book; you can read the
>relevant pages on Amazon.com (a search for "cunt" should bring them up).

And my dinner as well?  :-)

Joel