vendettily?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Aug 28 00:35:42 UTC 2008

At 8:23 PM -0400 8/27/08, Hillary Brown wrote:
>On ABC's _Wife Swap_, one of the husbands, responding to criticism and
>during an interview, just said, "When she vendettily," as in "when she
>spoke to me with a vendetta"?
>
>hb

Well, I've never heard it, but while there are no hits for
"vendettally", there are a bunch for the presumed base adjective,
"vendettal", as in the (google-attested) example

What a waste of time and happiness it is to reject someone out of
pure vendettal intents.

I'd need to know what the context of the adverb was, but if it had
the meaning 'in the manner of someone with a vendetta', I'd guess the
source is "vendettal".  A number of posters seem to be under the
impression that the movie "V for Vendetta" that was released a couple
of years ago was actually "V for Vendettal".

LH