Chinglish

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 29 02:09:44 UTC 2008

----For me, sin has a fronted barred-i, sing has a more "textbook" [I] (which appears before velars, I think), and scene has a very slightly retracted[i].

These are interesting concepts.  It all comes down to what these sounds sound like.

Using one common sound source stimulus DOES reduce variability of response.  In fact regulating stimulus conditions is mandatory for tests.  Take it from me, I've done an experiment or two in my time.

We can hear each other's accents using vocaroo.com.  It's so simple.  The sight comes up ready to record.  Make a recording (I use a headphone with a mike) and send it to yourself via email.  The message you get will have a file address.  Copy paste it into a message to any forum.  You can send voice examples to the ADS forum this way.  Here's my recording.

http://vocaroo.com/?media=vChHvAw4lczNKS2tK&recipient=tzurinskas@yahoo.com
(Either click on it or copy & paste it into the address bar)

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.