OK, someone's gotta post it

Dan Goodman dsgood at IPHOUSE.COM
Sat Aug 30 02:37:23 UTC 2008

Arnold M. Zwicky wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society<ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Arnold M. Zwicky"<zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: OK, someone's gotta post it
>
> On Aug 29, 2008, at 5:30 PM, Larry Horn wrote:
>
>> AOTY (acronym of the year) candidate--or is it intialism of the year?
>> In either case, it is, of course,
>>
>> VPILF
>>
>> or maybe it's VPilf
>>
>> (which unpacks just as you'd expect, even if you don't know how to
>> pronounce it).
>>
>> There's even a corresponding web site:  http://www.vpilf.com/
>>
>> Remember, you read it here first, unless you didn't.  And given where
>> we've been the last eight years, I'm pretty sure this one didn't
>> exist before today.

The website apparently did:
David Weiner: VPILF
Aug 29, 2008 ... So I must tip my hat to VPILF.com, for the site was set
up two months ago -- long before Palin was a serious contender for the
VP slot, ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/david-weiner/vpilf_b_122404.html - 165k - 9 hours
ago - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

> no doubt inevitable, given MILF and FILF/DILF and who knows what
> others.  such filfy words!

Among ones at urbandictionary.com: CILF; Corpse....

I didn't want to know that.

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."