Significant Antedating for "beaver" and "bearded clam" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Dec 3 20:32:38 UTC 2008

At 12/3/2008 03:12 PM, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC wrote:
>Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
>Caveats: NONE
>
>Just in case there was any doubt, I'm aware that the "original" article
>is a parody.  I just thought it was funny, and tried to extend the joke
>by submitting what obviously isn't an antedating . . .

I didn't think it was quite as funny (or as genuine-appearing) as I
think they were hoping -- but then again, I'm beginning to think of
myself as an expert -- or perhaps it's just as a curmudgeon -- on
colonial American newspapers.

Joel