four-footed males, females, and children

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 9 01:19:02 UTC 2008

My wife & I noticed that difference and decided that it was valid, because
the female-specific sense of "cow" is current in everyday English while the
male-specific sense of "dog" is not. Or, at least, cow[female] is much
better known than dog[male]

Mark Mandel