ADS-L Digest - 7 Dec 2008 to 8 Dec 2008 (#2008-343)

Your Name ROSESKES at AOL.COM
Tue Dec 9 05:41:06 UTC 2008

In a message dated 12/9/2008 12:09:52 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
LISTSERV at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU writes:

The  Emoluments Clause provides
that its rule applies to any senator or  representative, "during the Time
for which he was elected." Perhaps the  rule of the Emoluments Clause
does not apply to female U.S. Senators.

Much as I dislike Hillary, I can't imagine anyone will get away with trying
to apply that logic.  I learned in (approx.) 3rd grade that a generalized
"he" should - be taken to mean "he or she."

Rosemarie

First things first - but not necessarily in  that order!