All Words Pronounced - forvo.com

David Metevia djmetevia at CHARTERMI.NET
Sun Dec 21 13:14:27 UTC 2008

This mail item was in Anu Garg's weekly AWAD issue:

From: Forvo.com Team (info forvo.com)
Subject: Forvo, the pronunciation guide, presentation
My name is Israel, from a new pronunciation project called Forvo
<http://forvo.com/> .
What's about? We have created a database for word pronunciations, all
the words in all the languages. That is our goal. In the near future we
hope Forvo becomes a useful tool to learn languages and be a huge
database of pronunciations. (Now we have 70000+ pronunciations in 80
languages in only 8 months). The recordings are 100% real human natives
not text-to-voice applications.

I have not investigated the site, but thought it would be interesting to
this discussion list.

Regards,
Dave