ADS-L Digest - 21 Dec 2008 to 22 Dec 2008 (#2008-357)

Your Name ROSESKES at AOL.COM
Thu Dec 25 20:11:28 UTC 2008

In a message dated 12/23/2008 12:03:51 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
LISTSERV at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU writes:

but then there are a few sites (from evident non-native speakers)  with
things like the following:

KITP - Egypt [EG]
Want to buy  Fish, Butter
Dear Sir
We are a company deals in field of food stuff and  we would like to
import the following items:
1- Haring fish.
Origin:  Netherlands - Norway
Specifications: 3-5 fishes / 1 kgm.
2- Mackerel  fish.
3- Macaroni fish.
4- Natural butter.
Origin: Australia - New  Zealand - Netherlands
Specifications: Not salted
Please send your price  and specifications.
Best regards,
Adel El  Mohandes

clearly "macaroni fish" here is not mackerel,  since "mackerel fish" is
also on this (short) list.  so it's  puzzling.

arnold
~

Just a guess, but could he be referring to a fish with scales that look  like
elbow macaroni?  I've seen pictures of these; don't what they're  called.

Obviously there are plenty of shapes of macaroni; and being half Italian,  I
usually spell out what shape I mean.  But among my
not-even-a-little-bit-Italian friends, it's common to use the term "macaroni"  to refer soley to elbow
macaroni.  Perhaps Aden El Mohandes, above,  thinks the same way.

Rosemarie

What flies and goes "OH-OH-OH!"? Santa  flying backwards!

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.