More on "Googol" and "Googolplex"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 29 07:09:26 UTC 2008

Fred Shapiro notes:

"Merriam-Webster dictionaries pronounce googol with a secondary stress
on the second syllable."

FWIW, there's a word in BE that I would spell _googob_, which likewise
has secondary stress on the second syllable and which has the meaning,
"a very large number of count nouns or a very large amount of a mass
noun." A googob of a near-coincidence.

-Wilson
–––
-----