rooves

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Mon Feb 4 15:50:48 UTC 2008

Oh, dear G-d almighty, I cannot believe that this old myth/falsehood
has reappeared here.

Mark, pick my fainting medievalist self up off the floor. I'm
assuming that James Landau simply contributed this cite and is not
the author of the text. That collection of etymythologies, which
includes this one, that have made the e-mail circuit since the early
90s is the bane of my existence. I nearly burst a gasket when one of
the managers at the museum mindlessly started rattling some of them
off, including this one...

---Amy West