Truespel Spam

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 4 19:14:22 UTC 2008

This is a wonderful open minded forum.  It's American.  I'm a dues paying member of the
ADS and glad to participate.  I focus on phonetics and merely mention truespel to point out  that I do have expertise in this area having respelled the English language phonetically.  Not only that but I've done analyses of the frequency of phonemes in relation to their tradspeleeng (letter strings that spell phonemes).  I assume the ADS is the place to be to lead with ideas.

As far as what you say is "hospitality and good will here" take a look at past emails directed at me.  Where I offer opinions and attack no one, I've come under personal attack frequently.  I've been called a troll, crank, ignorant, non-theological, and now you call me a spammer.  Check the emails as to hospitality.

My thrust is that a simplified English-based phonetic spelling is necessary especially for children and second language learners.  It appears that England is leaning this way as well.  See thier phonetics at http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/primary/publications/literacy/948809/nls_phonics028004intro.pdf  Take a look as well at the McGraw-Hill children's dictionary.  This is another recent phonetic spelling.  I dare say no practical English based phonetic system will use SAMPA.  This is America.  English is the lingua franca of the world because of the USA.  Time to get with it.

I've introduced several ways to put sound files in this forum, which is about dialects.  I think we all should participate with sound files of our speech whenever possible.  Glad to lead the way.

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.

> Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 01:13:07 +0800
> From: mcclay at TAOLODGE.COM
> Subject: Truespel Spam
> To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

> Sender: American Dialect Society
> Poster: Russ McClay
> Subject: Truespel Spam
>
> Hey Tom --
>
> TZ => My life's work now is truespel,
> TZ => which is a simple phonetic spelling.
>
> In my blunt opinion, this constant harping of the
> Virtues of Truespel is bordering on rude spam to
> this academic mailing list.
>
> Personally I think you're taking advantage of the
> hospitality and good will here with your repetitive
> self-testimonials about your spelling system.
>
> Cheers,
> Russ

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power.