Lightning chess

Mon Feb 4 22:01:26 UTC 2008

It just occurred to me that the reason I use "blitz" instead of
lightning when playing go online is because it's shorter and saving
typing on laptops is always good for the wrists. In high school, we
called lightning chess "speed chess", but I prefer blitz because it
sounds better.

I bet that the definitions for time variations are not rigidly followed
in actual practice, that is, that some people probably follow them
strictly and others use them essentially at random. BB