rooves

JAMES A. LANDAU Netscape. Just the Net You Need. JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Wed Feb 6 23:50:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 22:10:51 zone – 5 "Mark Mandel" <thnidu at gmail.com>
caught me making the mistake of sending out an e-mail on Tsunami Tuesday:

"roves"? Go to bed already.

m a m

On Feb 5, 2008 7:07 PM, JAMES A. LANDAU <JJJRLandau at netscape.com> wrote:

> Benjamin Barrett caught me asleep at the keyboard:
>

> What I was thinking when I typed "roves" I do not remember.
> "I was kept awake by the sound of hooves on the rooves"?
> "The two wolves, instead of snarling, let out happy wooves"?
> "The mathematician proves the desired proofs"?

Appropriately on a day when the Senator from state of Arizona was raising McCain and the Senator from Illinois was awaiting the results from the state of Obama, Karl Rove arrove to perch on my keyboard, like Edgar Allan Poe and his roven.

Or perhaps, to keep on topic, his name really was Karl Rhove.  In college he belonged to the fraternity Rho Rho Rho, famous for champion oarsmen.

You must admit his appearance was relevant to the original subject, which was the phrase “raining cats and dogs”.  After all, fans of Mr. Rove are known as “Rovers”.

           James A. Landau
           test engineer
           Northrop-Grumman Information Technology
           8025 Black Horse Pike, Suite 300
           West Atlantic City NJ 08232 USA
GZYZH KCKNL UHELC JXSOT POJNU ASQJP QUBRX JCEJL
LHYRV UMGXT NLHDL FLNXC RBSZE HL