Q: A password prompt in Japanese

Thu Feb 7 04:13:37 UTC 2008

I should mention that I wouldn't normally answer such a question without
strict assurances that the intention was legitimate, but the answer in
this case is so easily accessible on the Web and elsewhere, that it can
hardly be considered a puzzle. Simply mention the name "Oda" to any
Japanese person or anyone with a love of Japanese history and language,
and his first name will pop right out. BB