"Q: "show me out [something]" = show to me?

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 10 20:04:00 UTC 2008

Slight correction: I agreed that 'Show me where the postern is' is a
reasonable reading, not that it's more likely than 'Escort me to / through
the postern'. While Doeg's question "Where's the postern?", asked after the
"show" sentence when things are getting hotter, makes the 'show me where'
reading more plausible, it is still consistent with the 'Escort me' reading.

--
Mark Mandel