scatalogical slang (UNCLASSIFIED)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Feb 12 03:00:34 UTC 2008

>"Cornhole" = anal intercourse is vulgar slang of long standing; I don't have
>my RHDAS with me here, but I assume it is there.

Yep, both the noun ('the anus--usu. in the context of homosexual anal
copulation'), from 1916, and the verb ('to engage in active anal
copulation with--occ. intrans. Also "cornhaul"'), from 1938.  The
entry even includes the first site where I learned the term, _Naked
Lunch_ (1959).  But "cornhaul"?  As in getting one's ashes (or
asses?) hauled?

>Whether it belongs in OED I'm
>not sure, but I'd be inclined to think it ought to be there.

Indeed.  If "bugger" is there (<1598), should "cornhole" be far
behind?  (As it were.)

LH