authentic seed overload

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Feb 13 15:56:24 UTC 2008

In our kitchen this morning I discovered a package of hors-d'oeuvre type crackers whose label boasted "Authentic Seed Overload."

  After remonstrating with my wife for bringing such an evidently unstable and hazardous product into our home, I discovered - to my chagrin - that the phrase was equivalent to what used to be called "Real Sesame Seed Topping!"

  Surely this is a novel, and misleading, use of "overload."

  JL