Re: [ADS-L] does an yone need another example of positive ANYMORE ?

Thu Feb 14 03:06:24 UTC 2008

If I'm not mistaken, Michael Montgomery gave a fine paper on the subject of
"ya'all" versus "y'all" versus "ya'll" some years ago. Maybe it was published
as well.

Seems ro me also somewhat akin to people named e.g. "Tom and Mary Marshall"
(never see this on the porches of same-sex couples) who hang signs on their
front porch saying things like "The Marshall's"!

In a message dated 2/13/08 9:57:10 PM, jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA writes:

> As you can see, this came through a bit funny to me, but it appears
> that she is spelling "y'all" as "ya'll". I see this with a certain
> frequency, and it interests me WRT the mental process it evidences. I
> have to assume it's by analogy with I'll and you'll without analysis
> of the different contractions, but please feel free to disabuse me if
> I'm mistaken.
>
> James Harbeck.

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy
Awards. Go to AOL Music.