does anyone need another example of positive ANYMORE?

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Thu Feb 14 05:00:12 UTC 2008

>BTW, I am indeed white. I've only been called paleface in Makah, though,
>never in English. BB

The line "Whaddya mean 'we,' paleface?" is from a joke -- I thought I
had mentioned it here before, but I am perhaps mistaken. It goes like
this: The Lone Ranger and Tonto are holed up in a high crag, on the
run from large numbers of highly irritated Indians who, perhaps, have
wearied of being targets for LR's bullets. The look to the north:
Indians. To the south: Indians. To the east: Indians. To the west:
...uh... yup, more Indians. LR turns to Tonto and says, "Well, Tonto,
looks like we're surrounded." Tonto turns, reaches for his weapon,
and says, "Whaddya mean 'we,' paleface?"

James Harbeck, who is probably even paler than you (and occasionally
beyond the pale). Even if he did grow up on and near an Indian
reserve.