deeden?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Feb 20 04:21:00 UTC 2008

The snippets from _The Gleaner: A Miscellaneous Production_ are
suggestive.  (It's in Early American Imprints, but I don't have
access from home.)  Both a damned pope and an "actual" pope (the real
one, able to see his effigy) fit the context; I'll probably suggest
both and leave it to the OED experts to choose.  Either way, it will
be an antedating, either of the OED or of Google Books.

In the same source, I have a "teeny" (actually "teney") = tiny, antedates 1825.

Joel