The Oxford DMS, again

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 20 14:19:42 UTC 2008

The DMS contains the expression, "right up [someone's] alley," without
any indication that it might be more common in the AmE than in BrE.
The expression may very well be just as common in BrE as in AmE, for
all that I know.

However, there is no mention whatsoever of the expression, "right up
[someone's] _street_," one that I've heard used exclusively by BrE
speakers.

-Wilson
-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens