closed circle of friends

Tue Feb 26 20:35:30 UTC 2008

Miley Cyrus, quoted in today's Orlando Sentinel (2-26-08, pA2):

"... My mom is more strict than my dad. You want to keep your closed circle
of friends. And sometimes my mom is saying: 'I have a bad vibe about this
person. She needs to hang out with you when I'm around just to keep you safe'. ..."

Does it appear that Ms. Cyrus has reinterpreted the normal idiom, "close
circle of friends" (= group of close friends) to be "closed circle of friends"
(meaning 'friends that one sees without parents [or other outsiders] present)?

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050
827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)