Re: [ADS-L] A Pair of Fruits

Wed Feb 27 22:37:26 UTC 2008

In a message dated 2/27/08 5:14:26 PM, blukoff at ALVORD.COM writes:

> > Or than a field as small as linguistics was 40 years ago having a
> > (Herbert) Paper, a (Herbert) Penzl, a Postal, and a Stampe all active
> > and (of course) writing.
>
> Or a Lukoff (my father) and two Lakoffs...

Even more astounding, the two Lakoffs were once married to each other.

And George Lakoff's cousin is Naomi Qjuinn -- how often does THAT happen?

As I recall, Postal and Stampe published an article together.

And a 1970s reader in linguistics and literature was edited by Love and
Payne.

And my high school chemistry book was written by someone named Dull.

When will it end, and how?

Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch
video on AOL Living.

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)