Heard on The Judges

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 28 17:21:58 UTC 2008

A late-twenty-ish _white_ woman from Texas named "Shakeerah."

That these names have spread beyond the 'hood is amazing. For snobbish
reasons, I've never even been able to cotton to them since back in the
day when such names identified their bearers as black.

I grew up with girls named Elvira, Rosemary, Diana, Barbara, Lilian,
Amy, Betty, Betty-Rose, Sarah, Jacqueline, Rosemarie, Carol, Gladys,
Agnes, Jean, Regina [rI dZin@] not [rI dZajn@], Carla, etc.n nothing
that couldn't be found in any ordinary book of female names.

-Wilson
-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens