Definition of parkhouse

Wed Jan 2 17:53:55 UTC 2008

Thanks for checking that out in the OED. I got nowhere online, but there
was a lot of noise from proper nouns.

It doesn't seem unusual for thesauruses to use questionable words. This
is the first time I've had trouble with a word from Rodale's, though
Laurence Horn was familiar with this word, so perhaps it's a word simply
not well documented.

FWIW, I was looking for something like a gazebo, but more open. I went
with pavilion, based on the graphic at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:CUHKRoundPavilion.JPG (article at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_pavilion). BB