to "expense"

David Bergdahl dlbrgdhl at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 5 15:18:13 UTC 2008

Now that it's officially "tax season" there's a sense of the term that means
"list it as a whole amount for a deduction rather than a fractional
amount."  For instance, if a computer is bought for your home office, you
can 'expense' it all-at-once or depreciate the purchase over a fixed number
of years. (The IRS tells you how many years for each class of items).
-db