VS in dialog (correction)

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 6 21:35:53 UTC 2008

I agree. When I think of saying it that way it feels like storytelling --
which *is *speech, but it's composed, planned for effect as is the kind of
writing we're talking about here. In a casual note, email or otherwise,
"said" phrase after quotation would seem out of place.

So it's not actually a distinction of medium, written/spoken, but of
casual/planned, or something like that. ISTM; do you agree?

m a m