hot corn/powder

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Jan 7 03:18:38 UTC 2008

Yes, I'd seen the powder sense.  But I would suppose -- not ever
having been personally involved -- that duelists would be far enough
apart (10 paces and all, meaning 20 from each other) not to be burned
by hot powder.  (Or was the original speaker wishing that the pistols
would explode in their two hands, as often enough happened, with
muskets, at colonial military musters?)

Joel