Probably little-known, but hopefully interesting, OT fact

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 12 22:50:34 UTC 2008

In border towns along the United States border with Mexico, Mexican
street-hustlers will address a black man as "Güili" ['gwili]. which
clearly is merely a Mexicanized version of the common English name,
"Willie." If the black man answers in Spanish, the hustler will switch
to "Señor." Or not.

By "hustlers," I mean "pimps," guys selling porno, "weed," etc. This
may have been obvious, but, in L.A., "hustler" is the equivalent of
"hooker," and I want to avoid confusion.

-Wilson
-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens