Ash-tensing in *ANAE* (was: The duration of /ae/ and /ai/)

Matthew Gordon gordonmj at MISSOURI.EDU
Thu Jan 24 20:28:18 UTC 2008

Maybe the point is that can't reduce the /ae/ in the aux in this sentence,
at least I can't. Even though the main stress would be on the word filling
in the blank, I still can't say [kIn] etc. here.

-Matt Gordon