Obama warns of the "old okey-doke"

Michael H Covarrubias mcovarru at PURDUE.EDU
Fri Jan 25 00:47:48 UTC 2008

A fuller quotation seems to clearly counter the reading of "everything's okay"
for okey-doke. In fact he's saying the opposite. He compares the Clinton's
comments to stories that are meant to scare.

<http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.politics/2008-01/msg03337.html>

"They're trying to bamboozle you. It's the same old okey doke. You all know
about, okey doke, right? It's the same old stuff. Just like if anybody starts
getting one of these e-mails saying 'Obama is a Muslim.' I've been a member of
the same church for almost 20 years, praying to Jesus with my bible. Don't let
people turn you around because they're just making stuff up! That's what they
do. They try to bamboozle you, hoodwink you," he said.

Quoting RonButters at AOL.COM: