I lately lost a preposition

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Wed Jan 30 01:33:37 UTC 2008

More prepositions lost; this time on The World (BBC/WGBH) news program. Brit
newsreader used the expression "agree a sthg" twice,  rendering what I'd
have thought an intransitive verb transitive.  A minute or two later, th e
American newsreader used "agree" with /to/ or /with/  or /on/  (I don't
remember which as we usually do. Is this prepositionless "agree" now the
norm in Britain?
AM