How dare them!

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 2 13:11:33 UTC 2008

When I heard this on _Fox & Friends_ a few minutes ago, I thought it was a joke.  But the existence of 13,000 Raw Googlits calls this naive view into question.  Google Books finds about 50 more, most from the last few years but one, from Father Divine, from as far back as 1937.

Will anybody here admit to using "How dare them!" seriously?

Reminds me of a student about thirty years ago who solemnly quoted the phrase "suffer the little children" as supporting children's suffering as part of God's Plan.

JL