chau gong

Thu Jul 3 11:23:08 UTC 2008

My gratitude for the quick work on this, and to DW, too.

The character doesn't come through in the archive (for my e-mail,
either). It's the character meaning copy, confiscate, seize at http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/chā
o (where the final "a" has a macron over it).

A minor point, but since the first character in da chaoluo is large,
chau probably comes from either plain chaoluo or some other variant. BB