"covered wagon", 1754, and not the American West

David Donnell daviddonnell at NYC.RR.COM
Sun Jul 6 15:39:05 UTC 2008

FWIW, "machine", or something that sounds like it, is the Persian
word I know for car/automobile...

(Not sure how off-topic that is. At least it's a similar sense of the
word "machine".)

DD
Missourian @ NYC