singular "yez"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jul 6 17:47:29 UTC 2008

Am not sure if there is still skepticism about the authenticity of singular "yez." This ex. appears in the autobiography of an Ulsterman:

1909-10 Alexander Irvine _From the Bottom Up_  (N.Y.: Doubleday, Page & Co., 1910) 10 [ref. to 1881] : I had stretched my instructor on his back at my feet, and in the absolute joyfulness and ecstasy of my soul, I yelled at the top of my voice, "Hurry up, ye blindtherin' spalpeen, till I knock yez down again!"

JL