A million English words, or only 600,000? Either way, it's a language packed with more words than you'll ever need

Dennis Baron debaron at ILLINOIS.EDU
Wed Jul 9 17:57:25 UTC 2008

as long as we're being megapicky, can you say that the anglo-saxons
contributed to English if it was their language to begin with?
____________________
Dennis Baron
Professor of English and Linguistics
Department of English