Serenity Prayer - slightly OT

Bethany Dumas bethany.dumas at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 14 12:10:25 UTC 2008

Thanks for all the posts re the Serenity Prayer. I have long used it and
valued it, even wondered about its elusive history, even though I have also
long thought that it needs revision. It recognizes that some things can be
changed, while some things cannot be changed, and it recognizes the
importance of serenity, courage, and wisdom. But it fails to recognize
something equally important, I think - some things DO NOT NEED TO BE
CHANGED. My experience is that it is not always clear to humans that that is
true.

Fred, perhaps you will find an early revised version.

Bethany