slider in NYT

Frank DiSalle fd10801 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 16 14:29:46 UTC 2008

Could you tell me how to set posts to Digest?

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:08 AM, David Barnhart <dbarnhart at highlands.com>
wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       David Barnhart <dbarnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM>
> Subject:      slider in NYT

> This morning's NYT has a piece in the "Dining Out" section on "sliders".
> They take it bact to White Castle's greasy burgers.  Incedently, White
> Castle is attributed with trademarking _Slyder_ (note spelling variation).
> e-OED has an entry for an "ice-cream" concoction under slider (def. 7b,
> e.q.
> 1915).
>

> JTYLTK
>

> Regards,
>
> DKB

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure…than to rank with those poor spirits who neither
enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows
not victory nor defeat.
~Theodore Roosevelt