street work

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Thu Jul 17 23:58:33 UTC 2008

And this should serve as a word of caution, that one addressing 'normal
work week' workers at a seven-day-a-week operation as 'You M-Fers more
than likely will override whatever point you intended to make.
dh

Poster:       Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>
Subject:      Re: street work
---

At 7:35 PM -0400 7/17/08, Doug Harris wrote:
>Regardless of traffic flow, disruptions of same and all that, the
>hyphenated rude comment at the end -- albeit abbreviated -- was NOT
>called for, IMHO.
>dh
>
>>  If you wouldn't mind, please read this paragraph and then answer the
>>  question below.
>>
>>  ----
>>  JPC construction will be doing work at a manhole location on 34th
>>  Street just north of Spruce Street. Therefore, the east traffic lane
>>  will be closed for approximately 4 weeks during the hours of 7:00am -
>>  3:30 pm M-F.
>  > ----
Heh heh; multiple homonymy in those abbreviations.  Reminds me of my
sometime reading of the technical term "M-F transsexuals" as
referring to those who revert to their birth sex on the weekends.

LH